Attend to guests’ needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashering.
Assure highest possible level of guest satisfaction.
Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote the Preferred Guest Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
Capture sales through reservations and sales inquiries.
Coordinate front desk activities to assure that guest service standards are consistently met and optimum number of rooms are occupied.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this postion may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintain, organize and clean work area, lobby and other public areas.
- Asssist in handling mail and facsimilies and providing guest with information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
- Wash, fold and put away laundry. Stock laundry storage areas.
- Book reservations for those guests who approach or call the Front Desk.
- Balance all cash, check, credit card and city ledger accounts through verification.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Thorough understanding and effective performance of property management system.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability. Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of the city were hotel is located and its attractions. Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced abitlity to reach other departments of the hotel on a timnely basis. Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
Requires grasping, writing, typing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers and other office equipment as needed.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job summary is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.