|Company Name||The Watford Hotel (view profile)|
|Location||Watford City, North Dakota|
|Date Posted||October 21, 2013|
Provide a clean and well-stocked breakfast area.
Assure highest possible level of guest satisfaction
by providing friendly and courteous service.
Assist all guests in a sincere and courtours manner. Attend to guest needs, ensuring food is continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner.
Set up breakfast according to operational policies and standards and in compliance with local health departments standards.
Clears and cleans tables and chairs; checks floor for debris between guests.
Maintains clean and well organized dining and work area. Including disinfecting all areas where food is prepared or served.
Maintains all dispensing machines, operating equipment and serving utensils in a neat and clean manner to ensure maximum job efficiency and an appealing presentation.
Organizes storage areas to ensure the quality of the food, implementing “first in first out” method of food rotation.
Plans and prepares for the following day. Checks inventory of supplies taking action as necessary to ensure adequate quantity and quality of products for the next day.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this postion may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as the local area to effectively assist guests.
- Maintains a record of guest requests for breakfast items and provides this information to the general manager in order to continually exceed guest expectations of the breakfast program.
- Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Keeps general manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Perform other duties as requested or required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to be friendly and cheerful; interact easily with strangers. Positive personality.
- Ability to perform job duties with a minimum of disruption to the guests.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must posess ability to work safely with cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Ability to maintain order, organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems. Must be able to stand on feet for length of shift. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. several times during shift. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job summary is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Housekeeper / Room Attendant posted over 5 years ago.