|Company Name||The Watford Hotel (view profile)|
|Location||Watford City, North Dakota|
Provide an attractive, clean, safe and well-maintained property, using a systematic approach that maximizes guest satisfaction and remains within the established budgetary guidelines.
Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, or makes recommendation for repairs, of all mechanical/electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems, all building components and furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Advises if an outside contractor is needed.
Maintains the grounds, landscaping and parking areas.
Performs “RPM” schedule on a timely basis, ensuring that all elements of the guest room meet the hotel/franchise and OSHA standards.
Assist all guests in a sincere and courteous manner.
Inspect all operating systems and components of the hotel to ensure they are operating properly, efficently and safely.
Performs painting, carpentry, plumbing, carpet cleaning, and other jobs as necessary.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this postion may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Adhere to all franchise or management company standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by General Manager.
- Adhere to hotel safety / OSHA standards.
- Assist in maintaining high morale level by displaying a positive attitude.
- Report safety or maintenance issues to General Manager.
- Maintain storage areas, shops, mechanical areas and an inventory of supplies.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must posess basic computational ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with tools and machinery both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work independantly with little supervision.
Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. and push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill maintenance related tasks. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job summary is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Housekeeper / Room Attendant posted over 5 years ago.